1. Find a Chinese name for your tea room(tea house, tea cafe). If you can find a Chinese
calligrapher to write the Chinese characters of the name on a piece of paper and make it mounted and framed and then hung on the wall, that would be fabulous.
2. Various kinds of Chinese gongfu tea wares are necessary including gaiwans, gongdao mugs, samples tea cups, tea trays and filters. It is excellent to exhibit various tea pots, tea cups and tea accessories in display cases.
3. Hang Chinese calligraphy and paintings on the walls. And Chinese paper-cutting artwork and Chinese traditional Knots can be also used to decorate the walls.
4. Place potted landscape, plants and rockery. The first choices are always Plum Blossom, Orchid, Bamboo and Chrysanthemum because they collectively known as “Four Nobles of Flowers”in China, symbolize nobility and virtues in human beings. They are often the central theme or motif for Chinese poetry and paintings.
5. Statues of Chinese tea sage Luyu or carvings of Buddhas can also enhance the Chinese
style of your tea room(tea house, or tea cafe).
6. If you can find furniture of Chinese traditional style, that would be great! If you really can't, make sure that the furniture matches well with the Chinese elements. If you aren't sure about it, consult with an interior designer.
Here are the photos we selected. We wish they would help you if you wish to decorate a tea room(tea house, tea cafe) in Chinese style.